- New House Majority PAC ad blasts Steve Southerland for forgetting the folks back home
- Court: US can withhold Guantanamo detainee images
- Scott calls militants ‘evil’ in journalist killing
- Mourners gather at Miami home of slain journalist
- U.S. Rep. David Jolly calls on NOAA to take action on red tide near Pinellas
- Steve Southerland finds himself on most endangered incumbents list
Genius read: Poetry of the political fundraising e-mail subject line
Micah L. Sifry constructed two genius poems from the text of subject lines from political fundraising e-mails, all sent since June 7.
The first one is from e-mails sent on behalf of Barack Obama’s campaign:
Romney in a landslide?
You know it, I know it
Dinner with the Obamas
Fly out to meet us
Before the polls open
We’re getting outspent
Take this seriously
Cat’s out of the bag
I will be outspent
Sad to say
Just to make sure Sifry’s site gets the traffic it deserves, click here to read the second poem — made from subject lines of e-mails from Mitt Romney’s campaign.