- Did last year’s government shut down lead to a baby boom in D.C.?
- After just a single public comment, Pinellas School Board approves initial $1.2B budget
- Insurers: 2015 exchange rates likely to spike
- Today on Context Florida: Florida disaster, tax holidays, getting high and El Paso
- State employees union, AFSCME, donates $1million to Charlie Crist’s political committee
- Processing issue delays bar exam submissions
Genius read: Poetry of the political fundraising e-mail subject line
Micah L. Sifry constructed two genius poems from the text of subject lines from political fundraising e-mails, all sent since June 7.
The first one is from e-mails sent on behalf of Barack Obama’s campaign:
Romney in a landslide?
You know it, I know it
Dinner with the Obamas
Fly out to meet us
Before the polls open
We’re getting outspent
Take this seriously
Cat’s out of the bag
I will be outspent
Sad to say
Just to make sure Sifry’s site gets the traffic it deserves, click here to read the second poem — made from subject lines of e-mails from Mitt Romney’s campaign.