- Tampa Bay’s Campaign Weekender for July 25-28
- Breaking: Associated Industries of Florida says it really likes Rick Scott!
- After railing against super PACs, Obama embraces secretive elements of unlimited political fundraising
- Obama aides says impeachment threat taken seriously
- U.S. Rep. David Jolly making it clear he is not endorsing Peter Nehr in county commission race
- 100 days before election, Charlie Crist to hold “Weekend of Action”
Kickoff times for afternoon NFL games will be moved back
The NFL is moving the late afternoon kickoffs on FOX and CBS back by 10 minutes to prevent overlap from the early games, according to a report from John Ourand of Sports Business Journal.
The early games are scheduled for 1 p.m. ET and the late games are scheduled for 4:15 p.m. With the NFL’s new afternoon scheduling, those 4:15 p.m. games will move to 4:25 p.m.
The idea behind the switch is to prevent overlap between the early and late games. Too often the 1 p.m. game goes late and rolls into the afternoon game time, causing some broadcast issues in the overlap. Sometimes the early game would be at a crucial point late in the game and the broadcast would have to switch to the late game, leaving lots of unhappy fans.
There will still be some early games that extend into the afternoon and cause some overlap, but even extending the afternoon start times by 10 minutes will help out in that regard.
What’s not mentioned in the SBJ report is what happens to the late afternoon games that have a 4:05 p.m. start.