- Largo Commissioner Curtis Holmes SHOULD NOT resign over THAT!
- Hang on a second … City’s Al Lang management deal with Bill Edwards may not be off the table
- Study: Americans endure unwanted care near death
- Judithanne McLauchlan challenges Sen. Jeff Brandes to debates already scheduled
- Personnel note: Fiorentino Group’s Bo Bohannon to retire, while Tom Griffin is set to to join firm
- Conservative Hillsborough commissioners change course on domestic partnership registry
Stop the presses: Scott Swope endorsed by the Libertarian Party of Pinellas County
Scott Swope has been endorsed by the Libertarian Party of Pinellas County.
The press release reads breathlessly: “On Saturday, June 18th, Adrien Wyllie, Chair of the Libertarian Party of Florida, posted the endorsement on Swope’s Facebook page stating that Swope is being “endorsed by Liberty Underground and the Libertarian Party of Pinellas County”. Swope, who attended a candidate forum sponsored by the Libertarian Party on May 29th, was considered ‘to be the most constitutionally consistent candidate in the sheriff’s race.’ “
Stop. The. Presses.
In formalizing the endorsement, Wyllie stated: “After speaking at length with each of the candidates for Pinellas County sheriff, I believe that all of them would do an adequate job protecting our lives and property. However, the true duty of our constitutional sheriff is not only to protect our lives and property, but also our liberty. We must ignore party affiliation, and instead scrutinize character. We must seek a sheriff who will fight crime,
while also defending our civil liberties. We must seek a sheriff who believes the Bill of Rights is to be cherished and upheld, not circumvented. Scott Swope will be that sheriff, and he has my personal endorsement.”
I really don’t know what else to write. Because if a candidate has the Liberty Underground on their side, they cannot be stopped — except by a well-funded candidate with near-universal name ID. Other than that kind of scenario, they’re unbeatable.
Bob Gualtieri and Everett Rice, you are officially on notice! The Libertarian Party has spoken!!!
(And who says I don’t write enough about Scott Swope?)