- Tampa Bay’s Campaign Weekender for July 25-28
- Breaking: Associated Industries of Florida says it really likes Rick Scott!
- After railing against super PACs, Obama embraces secretive elements of unlimited political fundraising
- Obama aides says impeachment threat taken seriously
- U.S. Rep. David Jolly making it clear he is not endorsing Peter Nehr in county commission race
- 100 days before election, Charlie Crist to hold “Weekend of Action”
Stop the presses: Scott Swope endorsed by the Libertarian Party of Pinellas County
Scott Swope has been endorsed by the Libertarian Party of Pinellas County.
The press release reads breathlessly: “On Saturday, June 18th, Adrien Wyllie, Chair of the Libertarian Party of Florida, posted the endorsement on Swope’s Facebook page stating that Swope is being “endorsed by Liberty Underground and the Libertarian Party of Pinellas County”. Swope, who attended a candidate forum sponsored by the Libertarian Party on May 29th, was considered ‘to be the most constitutionally consistent candidate in the sheriff’s race.’ “
Stop. The. Presses.
In formalizing the endorsement, Wyllie stated: “After speaking at length with each of the candidates for Pinellas County sheriff, I believe that all of them would do an adequate job protecting our lives and property. However, the true duty of our constitutional sheriff is not only to protect our lives and property, but also our liberty. We must ignore party affiliation, and instead scrutinize character. We must seek a sheriff who will fight crime,
while also defending our civil liberties. We must seek a sheriff who believes the Bill of Rights is to be cherished and upheld, not circumvented. Scott Swope will be that sheriff, and he has my personal endorsement.”
I really don’t know what else to write. Because if a candidate has the Liberty Underground on their side, they cannot be stopped — except by a well-funded candidate with near-universal name ID. Other than that kind of scenario, they’re unbeatable.
Bob Gualtieri and Everett Rice, you are officially on notice! The Libertarian Party has spoken!!!
(And who says I don’t write enough about Scott Swope?)