- Florida Sheriffs name Jack Latvala their “Legislator of the Year”
- Florida’s consumer confidence hits new post-recession high
- Adrian Wyllie launching statewide tour of craft breweries
- Charlie Crist outlines actions he will take on first day back in office
- Today on Context Florida: Rick Scott, surprise losers, FSU shooting and dogs
- Obama mulls massive move on immigration
Rep. Trudi Williams to the rescue, literally
Williams, who is leaving the Legislature this year, quickly performed the Heimlich maneuver and, as the friend told the News-Press via the News Service of Florida, might have saved a life. Williams has some history with saving lives: The News-Press reported that Williams was the first female emergency-medical technician in Lee County in the 1970s.