- It’s official: Jay Fant beats Paul Renner in HD 15 by two votes
- John Morgan goes “unplugged” with NSFW rant at post-debate rally for medical marijuana
- With some Tampa Bay’ers breaking ranks, Eric Eisnaugle has all but locked up Speaker’s race
- George Sheldon accepts Pam Bondi debate challenge, then raises her
- Legislative committee schedule released
- St. Pete Chamber of Commerce announces “Good ‘Burgers” — and it has nothing to do with food
Rep. Trudi Williams to the rescue, literally
Williams, who is leaving the Legislature this year, quickly performed the Heimlich maneuver and, as the friend told the News-Press via the News Service of Florida, might have saved a life. Williams has some history with saving lives: The News-Press reported that Williams was the first female emergency-medical technician in Lee County in the 1970s.