- Tampa Bay’s Campaign Weekender for Sept. 19-21
- Hearing for Charlotte’s Web challenge scheduled for October 14 & 15
- Coming Monday: Who are the ’30 under 30′ rising stars of Florida politics?
- Circuit Judge to be reprimanded and fined $25,000
- Twitter updates how-to manual for politicians and campaigns
- Rep. Charlie Stone files for re-election
Chart: Making phone calls only fifth most popular thing to do with a smart phone
The smartphone introduces friction into the concept of a “phone” itself. As a portable calling device, the smartphone is bulky and call-droppy and shattery (who makes a mobile device out of glass?) and, it must be said, noticeably unfriendly to the cheek. As a portable computer, however, the smartphone is elegant and efficient and — Mr. Jobs was not exaggerating — revolutionary. It’s a computer with phone functionality, rather than the other way around.