- Take a cue, Sea World: ‘Dolphin Tale’ aquarium plans to drop animal shows
- Ex-Republican Charlie Crist is Florida Democrats big hope
- Poll: For 56% of Americans, Labor Day means Summer’s over
- Marco Rubio changes tune on immigration; is it enough for conservatives?
- Meet John Morgan: The man behind the medical pot drive
- Today on Context Florida: The Internet, FSU president, student loans and high-stakes testing
State Senator Dennis Jones backing Kathleen Peters for State House District 69
Mayor Kathleen Peters, candidate for State House District 69, received the endorsement of Pinellas County Senator Dennis Jones today. Best known for his leadership on Beach renourishment issues, Jones has been representing Pinellas County for over 30 years.
“After over 30 years in Tallahassee representing Pinellas County, I have a pretty good idea what it takes for a new representative to be successful there. I believe Kathleen Peters has the qualities that will make for a good representative for the people of Pinellas County. She is experienced in both business and local government, has mature judgement, and will fight for the interests of our communities. She understands the importance of beaches to our local economy and I will be glad to have her represent the district that I once served in the Florida House of Representatives,” Jones said.
“I’m thrilled to have the support of Senator Dennis Jones. Dennis has been a leader for Pinellas County and a strong voice protecting our natural resources. It would be an honor to represent the same areas he once served in the Florida House of Representatives,” Peters said.