- Who are the ’30 under 30′ rising stars of Florida politics?
- Sen. John Thrasher makes the cut; will be interviewed Tuesday for FSU president’s job
- St. Pete embraces the International Day of Peace
- Study shows Florida voters rejecting federal internet sales tax push
- FSU survives Clemson; can its reputation survive ‘Jameis being Jameis’?
- U.S. Rep. David Jolly calls on more days in session for Congress
- Meet Kevin Cleary — one of the 30 under 30 rising stars in Florida politics
Jeff Brandes loans (only?) $500K to his campaign for State Senate District 22
Locked in a high-profile Senate race with fellow lawmaker Jim Frishe, St. Petersburg Republican Jeff Brandes has loaned $500,000 to his campaign, according to a report on the state Division of Elections website.
Brandes made a $250,000 loan Friday, after also making a $250,000 loan on June 1. He also has raised $68,450 in contributions since entering the District 22 race at the beginning of June. Brandes, who has served in the House since 2010, is among the wealthiest lawmakers, with a net worth of $10.3 million as of Dec. 31, a disclosure form shows.
Frishe, also a Republican House member from St. Petersburg, faces a Friday deadline for filing campaign-finance information for the second quarter of the year.
Material from the News Service of Florida was used in this report.