- Florida Dems uses Duke Energy fees as Charlie Crist/Dwight Dudley campaign push
- State land sale garners more than $15 million for conservation purchases
- AP poll: FSU still atop Top 25; Texas A&M up 12 spots to No. 9
- George Sheldon’s new committee seeks Common Ground in solving Florida’s problems
- FMA PAC announces three more House incumbent endorsements
- Hernando Sheriff Al Nienhuis endorses Blaise Ingoglia for HD 35
Jeff Brandes loans (only?) $500K to his campaign for State Senate District 22
Locked in a high-profile Senate race with fellow lawmaker Jim Frishe, St. Petersburg Republican Jeff Brandes has loaned $500,000 to his campaign, according to a report on the state Division of Elections website.
Brandes made a $250,000 loan Friday, after also making a $250,000 loan on June 1. He also has raised $68,450 in contributions since entering the District 22 race at the beginning of June. Brandes, who has served in the House since 2010, is among the wealthiest lawmakers, with a net worth of $10.3 million as of Dec. 31, a disclosure form shows.
Frishe, also a Republican House member from St. Petersburg, faces a Friday deadline for filing campaign-finance information for the second quarter of the year.
Material from the News Service of Florida was used in this report.