- Email Insights: Bill Nelson sends his first pro-Charlie Crist email
- Email Insights: Charlie Crist’s plan is “rock-solid,” says Martin O’Malley
- Obama, Clinton urge women to back Democrats
- While other 2016ers are building campaigns, Jeb Bush is building his business empire
- RNC again tops DNC; Democrats’ House and Senate committees best GOP rivals
- Florida town knew shooter had troubled past
Bill Nelson's campaign warchest now at $11 million
The Florida Democrat also reported nearly $11 million cash on hand. Despite a substantially bigger war chest than Rep. Connie Mack IV or any other potential GOP rival, Nelson is under attack by a handful of billionaires ehind so‐called Super PACS that are spending millions on TV ads against him.
Karl Rove’s American Crossroads said Wednesday, for instance, it has reserved $6.2 million in Florida air time to attack Nelson, on top of the $7.4 million already spent by outsider groups including Rove and others such as the Koch brothers and undisclosed donors to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
“Connie Mack IV is a seriously flawed candidate,” said Marley Wilkes, Nelson’s deputy campaign manager. “But Bill Nelson isn’t being challenged by Connie Mack IV. He’s under attack by a handful of billionaires operating in secret. And they don’t care about Florida. For them it’s all about protecting their own self‐interest in Washington.”