- Greenlight campaign drops first mailer
- Groups ask judge to move election and draw new map
- Firm criticized for design of Enterprise Florida’s re-branding runs into similar trouble in Clearwater
- GOP House candidates Dane Eagle, Chris Sprowls each launch new TV ads
- Florida State Massage Therapy Association undoing years of reputation building with bizarre lobbying move
- Turns out we were right about iBudget Florida as court comes down on APD
GOP women defend LG Carroll in face of 'compromising' sexual position accusations
The Florida Federation of Republican Women leapt to the defense of Lt. Gov. Jennifer Carroll after a former employee said she saw Carroll and an aide in “a compromising position.” The group called the accuser a “charlatan” and a supporter of President Barack Obama. “Jennifer Carroll has been our staunchest supporter in good times and bad,” wrote Cindy Graves, president of the group. “It is now up to us to support her.” The statement of support comes a day after reports that Carletha Cole, who is being prosecuted for distributing recordings of conversations she had while working for Carroll, said she walked in on Carroll and the lieutenant governor’s female travel aide in a sexually compromising situation. Cole was later fired, and the FFRW suggested she’s little more than a disgruntled employee.
Via The News Service of Florida.