- Poll: Two-thirds of Americans say illegal immigration is a serious problem, up 14 points since May
- Plaintiffs in redistricting case argue Florida must hold statewide election
- Bob Graham hits the campaign trail for daughter Gwen beginning tomorrow
- What do Rick Scott and Justin Bieber have in common, asks American Bridge
- What exactly was House candidate Shawna Vercher’s role on the Obama campaign?
- Why Florida has to do medical marijuana right
GOP women defend LG Carroll in face of 'compromising' sexual position accusations
The Florida Federation of Republican Women leapt to the defense of Lt. Gov. Jennifer Carroll after a former employee said she saw Carroll and an aide in “a compromising position.” The group called the accuser a “charlatan” and a supporter of President Barack Obama. “Jennifer Carroll has been our staunchest supporter in good times and bad,” wrote Cindy Graves, president of the group. “It is now up to us to support her.” The statement of support comes a day after reports that Carletha Cole, who is being prosecuted for distributing recordings of conversations she had while working for Carroll, said she walked in on Carroll and the lieutenant governor’s female travel aide in a sexually compromising situation. Cole was later fired, and the FFRW suggested she’s little more than a disgruntled employee.
Via The News Service of Florida.