- Obama promoting economic gains as elections near
- Scott and Crist bash each other at campaign events
- Take a cue, Sea World: ‘Dolphin Tale’ aquarium plans to drop animal shows
- Ex-Republican Charlie Crist is Florida Democrats big hope
- Poll: For 56% of Americans, Labor Day means Summer’s over
- Marco Rubio changes tune on immigration; is it enough for conservatives?
Watch: Sen. Minority Leader Nan Rich calls for investigation following TB outbreak
Democratic gubernatorial candidate Sen. Nan Rich calls for a Senate investigation of how the Scott administration handled the release of information about a serious tuberculosis outbreak in Jacksonville. Rich says state lawmakers were never informed about the outbreak before they voted to close A.G. Holley Hospital – the state’s only TB hospital in Lantana. She believes lawmakers should have had all the information about the outbreak before the vote. The TB cluster is linked to 13 deaths, 99 illnesses and is believed to have exposed thousands of people to the disease. Rich calls it an example of government not in the sunshine.