- Who are the ’30 under 30′ rising stars of Florida politics?
- Sen. John Thrasher makes the cut; will be interviewed Tuesday for FSU president’s job
- St. Pete embraces the International Day of Peace
- Study shows Florida voters rejecting federal internet sales tax push
- FSU survives Clemson; can its reputation survive ‘Jameis being Jameis’?
- U.S. Rep. David Jolly calls on more days in session for Congress
- Meet Kevin Cleary — one of the 30 under 30 rising stars in Florida politics
Watch: Sen. Minority Leader Nan Rich calls for investigation following TB outbreak
Democratic gubernatorial candidate Sen. Nan Rich calls for a Senate investigation of how the Scott administration handled the release of information about a serious tuberculosis outbreak in Jacksonville. Rich says state lawmakers were never informed about the outbreak before they voted to close A.G. Holley Hospital – the state’s only TB hospital in Lantana. She believes lawmakers should have had all the information about the outbreak before the vote. The TB cluster is linked to 13 deaths, 99 illnesses and is believed to have exposed thousands of people to the disease. Rich calls it an example of government not in the sunshine.