- In wake of beheadings, Busch Gardens removes decapitated props
- Carl Folkman receives military endorsement in quiet District 4 County Commission race
- FSU trustees to make presidential pick Tuesday afternoon
- 2016 could bring a chance for revenge for Charlie Crist
- Uber adds XL cars to fleet
- NextGen Climate launches “Rick Scott’s Ark” for wealthy climate deniers
In HD 57, Jake Raburn rakes in the campaign cash
Lithia Republican Jake Raburn has jumped out to a huge fund-raising lead in the House District 57 campaign, according to state records via the News Service of Florida. Raburn raised $43,125 during the year’s second quarter, giving him a total of $66,330 since entering the race in February. His Republican primary opponent, Brian Hollands of Riverview, has raised a total of $4,250, while Lithia Democrat Bruce Barnett has raised $820. Raburn, who works for Hinton Farms, has received contributions from various groups and businesses, including the agriculture and health-care industries. District 57 includes southeastern Hillsborough County.