- New House Majority PAC ad blasts Steve Southerland for forgetting the folks back home
- Court: US can withhold Guantanamo detainee images
- Scott calls militants ‘evil’ in journalist killing
- Mourners gather at Miami home of slain journalist
- U.S. Rep. David Jolly calls on NOAA to take action on red tide near Pinellas
- Steve Southerland finds himself on most endangered incumbents list
In HD 57, Jake Raburn rakes in the campaign cash
Lithia Republican Jake Raburn has jumped out to a huge fund-raising lead in the House District 57 campaign, according to state records via the News Service of Florida. Raburn raised $43,125 during the year’s second quarter, giving him a total of $66,330 since entering the race in February. His Republican primary opponent, Brian Hollands of Riverview, has raised a total of $4,250, while Lithia Democrat Bruce Barnett has raised $820. Raburn, who works for Hinton Farms, has received contributions from various groups and businesses, including the agriculture and health-care industries. District 57 includes southeastern Hillsborough County.