- Tampa Bay Rays pitch $25,000 into Greenlight Pinellas campaign
- Rick Scott campaign approaches $8M in fundraising
- Carlos Curbelo calls Medicare and Social Security “Ponzi schemes” in DC talk
- Florida Supreme Court holds testy hearing on secret evidence
- Florida Democrats pounce as 6,000 Florida jobs disappear
- Charlie Crist releases “4,000 lies,” counters Rick Scott’s swindle claims
Dems to attack Connie Mack for embracing outside money after his 'paltry' fundraising effort
A spokesman for Republican Connie Mack’s Senate campaign spun his paltry Q2 fundraising numbers by noting that “there is also no shortage of outside groups who are and who will continue to spend great sums of money to defeat Washington’s most notorious LockStep Liberal, Bill Nelson, as they should.” The Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee will seize on this with a press release that attacks him as a puppet candidate for the wealthy. They’re going to send out a research hit later that accuses the congressman of voting to support corporate interests. A poll out this morning in the Tampa Bay Times gives Nelson a 47-42 lead.
Via POLITICO’s Morning Score.