- In wake of beheadings, Busch Gardens removes decapitated props
- Carl Folkman receives military endorsement in quiet District 4 County Commission race
- FSU trustees to make presidential pick Tuesday afternoon
- 2016 could bring a chance for revenge for Charlie Crist
- Uber adds XL cars to fleet
- NextGen Climate launches “Rick Scott’s Ark” for wealthy climate deniers
Barney Bishop, former boss of Fla. Democratic Party, says he's voting for Mitt Romney
In an article published today on Sunshine State News, the former boss of Florida’s Democratic Party has explained why he cannot support President Obama.
The article, titled “Why This Democrat Will Be Voting for Mitt Romney,” spells out that the president is a completely different kind of Democrat. Bishop says, “In every challenge that faces our nation, Obama sees a solution that can only come with another government-spending program.”
Citing Obama’s attacks on private investment and the important contributions of risk-taking entrepreneurs, Bishop says the president “demonstrates a dangerous lack of understanding….”
Bishop concludes the article with his commitment to remain a Democrat.
Discussing why he wrote the article, Bishop encouraged other Democrats to join him. “It’s just too important for the nation to let party labels cloud the clear choice we have this election.”