- Scott calls militants ‘evil’ in journalist killing
- Mourners gather at Miami home of slain journalist
- U.S. Rep. David Jolly calls on NOAA to take action on red tide near Pinellas
- Steve Southerland finds himself on most endangered incumbents list
- Pat Gerard lobbies for campaign cash in Tallahassee — was it on City of Largo’s dime?
- Problems abound with health law immigration papers
John Legg, Rob Wallace report modest fundraising quarters in SD 17
Republicans John Legg and Rob Wallace posted modest fund-raising totals for the past three months in the Senate District 17 race in Hillsborough and Pasco counties, according to state reports via the News Service of Florida. Legg, a House member from Pasco County, collected $21,595 during the year’s second quarter, bringing his overall total to $168,422. Wallace, a former House member from Tampa, collected $14,105 and has a total of $22,760. A third Republican in the race, John Korsak of Tampa, raised $5,330 during the quarter and has a total of $16,420. The lone Democratic candidate, Wes Johnson of Tampa, has collected $24,905 since entering the race in April.