- A round-up of Sunday editorials from Florida’s leading newspapers
- Oystermen fear closing of Apalachicola Bay
- Martin O’Malley joins Charlie Crist on the stump Sunday in Davie
- It’s official, red light cameras in St. Pete are coming down
- Email Insights: Bill Nelson sends his first pro-Charlie Crist email
- Email Insights: Charlie Crist’s plan is “rock-solid,” says Martin O’Malley
Wilton Simpson still pulling in the dough for all-but-won State Senate District 18
Republican newcomer Wilton Simpson continued showing his fund-raising prowess during the year’s second quarter, raising $52,675 for the Senate District 18 race, according to a state report via the News Service of Florida. Simpson, a Trilby businessman and egg farmer, has raised a total of $273,000 as he seeks the seat in Pasco, Hernando and Sumter counties. The only other candidate in the race, Hudson Democrat Joshua Smith, has raised $2,000 since opening a campaign account in June.