- Today on Context Florida: Florida disaster, tax holidays, getting high and El Paso
- State employees union, AFSCME, donates $1million to Charlie Crist’s political committee
- Processing issue delays bar exam submissions
- Sunburn for 7/30 – A morning read of what’s hot in Florida politics
- Charlie Crist announces first-day policies if elected
- Dept. of Health not backing down from lottery system to select Charlotte’s Web growers
Wilton Simpson still pulling in the dough for all-but-won State Senate District 18
Republican newcomer Wilton Simpson continued showing his fund-raising prowess during the year’s second quarter, raising $52,675 for the Senate District 18 race, according to a state report via the News Service of Florida. Simpson, a Trilby businessman and egg farmer, has raised a total of $273,000 as he seeks the seat in Pasco, Hernando and Sumter counties. The only other candidate in the race, Hudson Democrat Joshua Smith, has raised $2,000 since opening a campaign account in June.