- Obama promoting economic gains as elections near
- Scott and Crist bash each other at campaign events
- Take a cue, Sea World: ‘Dolphin Tale’ aquarium plans to drop animal shows
- Ex-Republican Charlie Crist is Florida Democrats big hope
- Poll: For 56% of Americans, Labor Day means Summer’s over
- Marco Rubio changes tune on immigration; is it enough for conservatives?
Wilton Simpson still pulling in the dough for all-but-won State Senate District 18
Republican newcomer Wilton Simpson continued showing his fund-raising prowess during the year’s second quarter, raising $52,675 for the Senate District 18 race, according to a state report via the News Service of Florida. Simpson, a Trilby businessman and egg farmer, has raised a total of $273,000 as he seeks the seat in Pasco, Hernando and Sumter counties. The only other candidate in the race, Hudson Democrat Joshua Smith, has raised $2,000 since opening a campaign account in June.