- Patrick Murphy to seek national Silver Alert program
- How the First District Court of Appeal ignored Florida voters
- On Tim Morgan: The man behind the man behind the fight for medical marijuana in Florida
- 5 things to know about possible Senate uncertainty
- Declining median incomes becomes anti-Rick Scott talking point for Fla. Dems
- Astronauts getting 3-D printer at space station
Gotta love Fla. politics: Don Gaetz raises $160K during Q2 even though he has no Democratic opponent
Though he does not have a Democratic opponent, incoming Senate President Don Gaetz, R-Niceville, received $160,090 in campaign contributions during the past three months, state records show via the News Service of Florida. Gaetz, who is slated to become president after the November elections, has an overall total of $632,350. Among the groups that contributed heavily to Gaetz were optometrists, who are seeking legislative approval for expanded drug-prescribing powers. Gaetz’s only election opponent is no-party candidate Richard Harrison of Marianna. Harrison has not received any contributions, through he has loaned $2,000 to the campaign.