- Probe exposes flaws behind Healthcare.gov rollout
- Powell maybe not told early about CIA techniques
- Sunshine Law violation charges dropped against Chris Dorworth’s girlfriend, Rebekah Hammond
- Ethics panel tosses complaints against Rick Scott, Charlie Crist
- U.S. Rep. Patrick Murphy introduces legislation to restore Indian River Lagoon
- Reggie Fullwood sues state over disqualification in HD 113 race
Gotta love Fla. politics: Don Gaetz raises $160K during Q2 even though he has no Democratic opponent
Though he does not have a Democratic opponent, incoming Senate President Don Gaetz, R-Niceville, received $160,090 in campaign contributions during the past three months, state records show via the News Service of Florida. Gaetz, who is slated to become president after the November elections, has an overall total of $632,350. Among the groups that contributed heavily to Gaetz were optometrists, who are seeking legislative approval for expanded drug-prescribing powers. Gaetz’s only election opponent is no-party candidate Richard Harrison of Marianna. Harrison has not received any contributions, through he has loaned $2,000 to the campaign.