- Who are the ’30 under 30′ rising stars of Florida politics?
- Sen. John Thrasher makes the cut; will be interviewed Tuesday for FSU president’s job
- St. Pete embraces the International Day of Peace
- Study shows Florida voters rejecting federal internet sales tax push
- FSU survives Clemson; can its reputation survive ‘Jameis being Jameis’?
- U.S. Rep. David Jolly calls on more days in session for Congress
- Meet Kevin Cleary — one of the 30 under 30 rising stars in Florida politics
Watch: Fla. Dems release new video to highlight slate of legislative candidates
The Florida Democratic Party released a new video, “Standing Up,” highlighting what it describes as a “strong and diverse slate of Democratic legislative candidates who are standing up for middle class Floridians.”
“Teachers, veterans, small business owners and community leaders are standing up to represent middle class Floridians and fighting back against Rick Scott and the GOP’s Tea Party extremism,” said Florida Democratic Party Executive Director Scott Arceneaux. “While the Republicans struggle to overcome the toxic approval of Tea Partiers like Rick Scott and Allen West, Florida Democrats are fielding a strong anddiverse slate of legislative candidates who are poised to connect with voters in their community and who are frustrated with the GOP leaders in Tallahassee who have put special interests ahead of Florida’s families. Floridians are tired of the Republican’s failed policies and are ready for fresh leadership to move our state forward.”