- Who are the ’30 under 30′ rising stars of Florida politics?
- Sen. John Thrasher makes the cut; will be interviewed Tuesday for FSU president’s job
- St. Pete embraces the International Day of Peace
- Study shows Florida voters rejecting federal internet sales tax push
- FSU survives Clemson; can its reputation survive ‘Jameis being Jameis’?
- U.S. Rep. David Jolly calls on more days in session for Congress
- Meet Kevin Cleary — one of the 30 under 30 rising stars in Florida politics
Democratic challenger Keith Ftizgerald outraises Rep. Vern Buchanan during second quarter
While the campaign of Vern Buchanan is touting its more than $2 million overall raised and more than $1.5 million in cash-on-hand, it’s the fact that Democratic challenger Keith Fitzgerald out-raised Buchanan during the second quarter that is turning heads in Sarasota and Washington, D.C.
Fitzgerald raised over $380,000 from April 1 to June 30, while Buchanan brought in $335,000.
“This level of support for our campaign is beyond anything we ever expect,” said Firtzgerald. “Our fundraising is a clear sign that people are tired of years of scandal and ongoing investigations facing Congressman Buchanan.”
Of course, Buchanan still has more than $1.5 million in cash on hand, in addition to his own personal wealth.
“It’s clear that we will have the resources to spread our positive message of hope and opportunity,” Buchanan spokeswoman Sally Tibbetts said. “We are appreciative of the tremendous support for Vern’s agenda of creating jobs and growing the economy.”