- 2 Pinellas chickens test positive for encephalitis
- Boca Raton City leaders endorse Rep. Bill Hager for re-election to HD 89
- As U.S. job market strenghens, many don’t feel it
- With new registration law in place, 27 lobbyists file to influence SWFWMD
- A blogger walks out of a bar … and into Adrian Wyllie’s supporters
- NFIB endorses Jay Trumbull in House District 5
New Florida poll: Romney 48%, Obama 45%
Mitt Romney leads Barack Obama in Florida 48 to 45 percent, according to Purple Strategies’ latest poll of a dozen swings states.
Romney is seen favorably by 47 percent of Florida voters compared to a 46 percent unfavorable, while only 43 percent approve of Obama’s job performance, and 54 percent disapprove.
Romney enjoys a 10-point lead among independents, which is actually down from the 20-point lead he enjoyed among the increasingly critical bloc in last month’s Purple Strategies’ poll.
Also, in last month’s poll, Romney was leading Obama among women– 48 to 46 percent. In the latest poll, Obama leads among women in the Sunshine State, 51 to 44 percent.
Fifty percent said Obama has been a failure as president, while 41 percent said Romney is too out of touch to be president.