- Obama promoting economic gains as elections near
- Scott and Crist bash each other at campaign events
- Take a cue, Sea World: ‘Dolphin Tale’ aquarium plans to drop animal shows
- Ex-Republican Charlie Crist is Florida Democrats big hope
- Poll: For 56% of Americans, Labor Day means Summer’s over
- Marco Rubio changes tune on immigration; is it enough for conservatives?
George H.W. Bush to miss RNC in Tampa
Former President George H.W. Bush will not attend the Republican convention in Tampa, the first time the 41st president will miss his party’s convention in 35 years. Bush’s spokesman, Jim McGrath, told The Hill that the former president’s health will keep him from leaving his home in Kennebunkport, Maine, for Tampa later this summer. ‘President and Mrs. Bush are more convinced today than ever that we need to get behind Mitt and Ann Romney to help turn this country around, but sadly the situation around President Bush’s mobility will prevent them from attending the Tampa convention,” he said Monday. (Via The Morning Score.)