- Polk County business alliance launches “No Tax No Way” online campaign
- Tampa Bay Rays pitch $25,000 into Greenlight Pinellas campaign
- Rick Scott campaign approaches $8M in fundraising
- Carlos Curbelo calls Medicare and Social Security “Ponzi schemes” in DC talk
- Florida Supreme Court holds testy hearing on secret evidence
- Florida Democrats pounce as 6,000 Florida jobs disappear
Rays announcer, Bubba the Love Sponge among those who have donated to Bob Gualtieri for Sheriff
Rice is winning the money race with a total of $276,152 raised. Gualtieri is following at $187,692. Scott Swope has raised $9,666.31.
Greg Pound, write-in candidate, has not raised any money since getting an $8.73 in-kind contribution for printing from himself.
Gualtieri and Rice vie for the Republican nomination for the sheriff race Aug. 14. The winner faces Swope and Pound in the November general election.
Here is a breakdown of some of the candidates’ contributions:
Gualtieri raised $64,990 and spent $17,063.01. Contributors include attorneys, developers, Tampa Bay Rays play-by-play announcer Dewayne Staats and radio personality Bubba the Love Sponge from Jan. 1 to March 31.
Gualtieri spent $4,161.60 on advertising, $200 on an event at Portofino Mediterrenean restaurant and $4,000 in labor.
- Dewayne Staats, $200
- Bubba Radio Network, $500
- BRN Shock Media, $500
- Developer Mel Sembler, $500
- Brent Sembler Family Trust, $300
- Belleair Coins and Diamonds, $500
- Hardcore Trucks in Dunedin, $100
- yoho Racing, $300
- Dex Imaging contributed $1,500 from three separate companies
- Clearwater Towing Service, $500
- Cody’s Belleair, $200
- Frenchy’s, $500
Aside from leading overall in the money race, Rice edged Gualtieri, raising $70,690 during the quarter while spending $40,561.69 from Jan. 1 to March 31.
Notable contributors include developers, restaurants, attorneys and radio host Tedd Webb.
Rice spent $10,865 at Signs Unlimited in Ocala for advertising, $5,560.70 for Tampa political consultant company Strategic Image Management for consulting and advertising costs and $2,000 to Mary Repper and Associates for political consultations.
- Radio host Tedd Webb, $250
- Sonny Glasbrenner Inc., $500
- Speeler Foundations, construction company, $250
- J. Kokolakis Contracting, $200
- Anthony Battaglia, $250
- Yesner and Boss $500
- 40th St Bail Bonds $100
- Always Available Bail Bonds, $50
- Teakwood Mobile Home Park $100
- Ambassador Limosousine and Sedan, $500
- Kozy Korner Restaurant, $100
- Gondolier Pizza, $200
- Sea Sea Riders Restaurant $500
- Conch Republic Restaurant, $200
- Ker’s Winghouse, Palm Harbor, $150
- Bon Appetit, $200
- Leo Italian Grille, Palm Harbor, $500
Swope raised $790 from Jan. 1 to March 31 and spent $1,990.29.
He spent $500 for consulting fees at DiMaoi and Associates; $195.13 for bumper stickers; $302.54 for letterhead and envelopes; and $535 for mobile advertisement with Around the Town Signs.