- 2016 could bring a chance for revenge for Charlie Crist
- Uber adds XL cars to fleet
- NextGen Climate launches “Rick Scott’s Ark” for wealthy climate deniers
- Today’s pay cut announcement reminds us that the Tampa Bay Times is the Boston Celtics of regional newspapers
- Walt McNeil to Rick Scott: if you believe Charlie Crist swindled people then investigate
- Florida lawmakers urge action on Everglades: ‘Get it done’
Personnel note: Kiel Brunner to manage Jessica Ehrlich's congressional campaign; Murphy Vogel Askew Reilly to consult
Today, Jessica Ehrlich announced her general election team, headed by Kiel Brunner. Brunner is a seasoned campaign manager who has worked on presidential, congressional and senate campaigns throughout the country.
Ehrlich’s campaign is also employing Murphy Vogel Askew Reilly, a highly regarded media firm that played a key role in Representative Kathy Hochul’s successful congressional run in 2011. Representative Kathy Hochul won a highly contested special election, in part, because of Hochul’s focus on her Republican opponent’s support of the Ryan Budget, which would end Medicare as we know it.
Additionally, the Mack/Counse Group has been brought on by Ehrlich’s campaign to execute new media and mail. The Mack/Counse Group, the direct mail strategists for President Obama in Florida, helped him become the first Democrat to win Florida with more than 50% of the vote for since 1976 and have extensive experience in Florida.
Jef (yes, with one ‘f’) Pollock of Global Strategy Group -who has advised DCCC Chairman Steve Israel, U.S. Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, U.S. Senator Joe Manchin, and Governor Brian Schweitzer – will be serving as a strategy and research consultant.
About her campaign team, Ehrlich said, “I’m very excited about the team we’ve put together. The people of Pinellas County are ready for a fresh voice in Washington and we’ve launched a campaign to make that a reality.”