- Rick Scott pollster puts him up in three-way race, 50% in head-to-head
- Rubio: Same-sex marriage foes face ‘intolerance’
- Greenlight campaign drops first mailer
- Groups ask judge to move election and draw new map
- Firm criticized for design of Enterprise Florida’s re-branding runs into similar trouble in Clearwater
- GOP House candidates Dane Eagle, Chris Sprowls each launch new TV ads
Personnel note: Kiel Brunner to manage Jessica Ehrlich's congressional campaign; Murphy Vogel Askew Reilly to consult
Today, Jessica Ehrlich announced her general election team, headed by Kiel Brunner. Brunner is a seasoned campaign manager who has worked on presidential, congressional and senate campaigns throughout the country.
Ehrlich’s campaign is also employing Murphy Vogel Askew Reilly, a highly regarded media firm that played a key role in Representative Kathy Hochul’s successful congressional run in 2011. Representative Kathy Hochul won a highly contested special election, in part, because of Hochul’s focus on her Republican opponent’s support of the Ryan Budget, which would end Medicare as we know it.
Additionally, the Mack/Counse Group has been brought on by Ehrlich’s campaign to execute new media and mail. The Mack/Counse Group, the direct mail strategists for President Obama in Florida, helped him become the first Democrat to win Florida with more than 50% of the vote for since 1976 and have extensive experience in Florida.
Jef (yes, with one ‘f’) Pollock of Global Strategy Group -who has advised DCCC Chairman Steve Israel, U.S. Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, U.S. Senator Joe Manchin, and Governor Brian Schweitzer – will be serving as a strategy and research consultant.
About her campaign team, Ehrlich said, “I’m very excited about the team we’ve put together. The people of Pinellas County are ready for a fresh voice in Washington and we’ve launched a campaign to make that a reality.”