- In light of redistricting ruling, Senate President urges members not to throw out any relevant docs, files
- Growers and lobbyists not high on second draft of pot rules
- Write-in candidate files emergency motion in HD 64 decision
- Rick Scott campaign pulls in another $397K
- Batman creator’s personal copies to be auctioned
- Carl Domino’s absurd plan would have many minority U.S. Reps working for less than minimum wage
Direct mail round-up: The attack piece on Tom Lee that has everyone buzzin'
Political dirty tricks spawned by lobbyists’ grudges against former state Senate President Tom Lee have erupted in an east Hillsborough County Senate primary, earning a reprimand from state GOP Chairman Lenny Curry, reports Windy March of the Tampa Tribune.
A mailer hitting mailboxes in the district this week criticizes Lee’s personal life, citing a divorce and remarriage, and compares him to county Property Appraiser Rob Turner, who’s been hit by a sex scandal.
The mailer came from a political committee run by Keyna Cory, wife of Jack Cory, a lobbyist who opposes Lee and backs his opponent, state Rep. Rachel Burgin, in the Republican state Senate primary.
March has more here.