- Charlie Crist releases “4,000 lies,” counters Rick Scott’s swindle claims
- Pat Bainter fires back over privacy, integrity and “criminalized political speech”
- It’s beginning to look a lot like Election Day … Pinellas County mails 2,700 overseas absentee ballots
- Crisis at the Tampa Bay Times: Would Paul Tash pass a PolitiFact check?
- Anti-rail activist David McKalip vid depicts Hitler giving orders to Greenlight Pinellas supporters
- Tampa Bay’s Campaign Weekender for Sept. 19-21
Direct mail round-up: The attack piece on Tom Lee that has everyone buzzin'
Political dirty tricks spawned by lobbyists’ grudges against former state Senate President Tom Lee have erupted in an east Hillsborough County Senate primary, earning a reprimand from state GOP Chairman Lenny Curry, reports Windy March of the Tampa Tribune.
A mailer hitting mailboxes in the district this week criticizes Lee’s personal life, citing a divorce and remarriage, and compares him to county Property Appraiser Rob Turner, who’s been hit by a sex scandal.
The mailer came from a political committee run by Keyna Cory, wife of Jack Cory, a lobbyist who opposes Lee and backs his opponent, state Rep. Rachel Burgin, in the Republican state Senate primary.
March has more here.