- U.S. Rep. David Jolly making it clear he is not endorsing Peter Nehr in county commission race
- 100 days before election, Charlie Crist to hold “Weekend of Action”
- The ‘burg heats up this weekend with Vans Warped Tour, Rays & Rowdies
- Chuck Todd’s thoughts on polling and whether they apply to Crist vs. Scott
- Today on Context Florida: Prisons, immigration, bike trail connector and managing money
- The strange case of Dr. Jekyll and Sunshine State News
Direct mail round-up: The attack piece on Tom Lee that has everyone buzzin'
Political dirty tricks spawned by lobbyists’ grudges against former state Senate President Tom Lee have erupted in an east Hillsborough County Senate primary, earning a reprimand from state GOP Chairman Lenny Curry, reports Windy March of the Tampa Tribune.
A mailer hitting mailboxes in the district this week criticizes Lee’s personal life, citing a divorce and remarriage, and compares him to county Property Appraiser Rob Turner, who’s been hit by a sex scandal.
The mailer came from a political committee run by Keyna Cory, wife of Jack Cory, a lobbyist who opposes Lee and backs his opponent, state Rep. Rachel Burgin, in the Republican state Senate primary.
March has more here.