- Today on Context Florida: Rick Scott bangin’ beat, Terry Lewis’ ruling & appeal and medical marijuana
- Colleen Burton to file complaint against “illegal” campaign TV ad in HD 40
- Despite messy selection process, St. Pete City Council, residents cautiously optimistic by police chief pick
- The live tweet v. the fact check: there’s a study for that
- Video raises doubts about Tampa boy’s death
- Florida’s biggest health insurer signals rate hikes ahead
Brace yourself: Journey to perform at RNC in Tampa
The iconic “Don’t Stop Believin’” band Journey will perform at The Creative Coalition’s gala benefit concert on Aug. 30, during the Republican National Convention in Tampa Bay, reports Politico’s Influence.
Congressional co-hosts for the group’s RNC events include Sens. Richard Burr (R-N.C.), Thad Cochran (R-Miss.), Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) and Jerry Moran (R-Kan.) and Reps. Ann Marie Buerkle (R-N.Y.), Renee Ellmers (R-N.C.) and Tom Marino (R-Pa.). The Creative Coalition – a nonprofit, nonpartisan charitable arm of the entertainment industry – will also host a gala event at the Democratic National Convention. The coalition will also co-host daily policy breakfasts, luncheons and other events during both conventions.