- Oystermen fear closing of Apalachicola Bay
- Martin O’Malley joins Charlie Crist on the stump Sunday in Davie
- It’s official, red light cameras in St. Pete are coming down
- Email Insights: Bill Nelson sends his first pro-Charlie Crist email
- Email Insights: Charlie Crist’s plan is “rock-solid,” says Martin O’Malley
- Obama, Clinton urge women to back Democrats
Brace yourself: Journey to perform at RNC in Tampa
The iconic “Don’t Stop Believin'” band Journey will perform at The Creative Coalition’s gala benefit concert on Aug. 30, during the Republican National Convention in Tampa Bay, reports Politico’s Influence.
Congressional co-hosts for the group’s RNC events include Sens. Richard Burr (R-N.C.), Thad Cochran (R-Miss.), Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) and Jerry Moran (R-Kan.) and Reps. Ann Marie Buerkle (R-N.Y.), Renee Ellmers (R-N.C.) and Tom Marino (R-Pa.). The Creative Coalition – a nonprofit, nonpartisan charitable arm of the entertainment industry – will also host a gala event at the Democratic National Convention. The coalition will also co-host daily policy breakfasts, luncheons and other events during both conventions.