- Florida power utilities fear return of ‘Green Governor’ Crist
- Cuba cracks down on goods in flyers’ luggage
- How social media helped Jay Fant and Jay Trumbull win their state House races
- Florida ranks No. 4 in U.S. for arrest-related deaths
- Gov. Rick Scott announces seven appointments, five reappointments
- Obama promoting economic gains as elections near
Brace yourself: Journey to perform at RNC in Tampa
The iconic “Don’t Stop Believin’” band Journey will perform at The Creative Coalition’s gala benefit concert on Aug. 30, during the Republican National Convention in Tampa Bay, reports Politico’s Influence.
Congressional co-hosts for the group’s RNC events include Sens. Richard Burr (R-N.C.), Thad Cochran (R-Miss.), Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) and Jerry Moran (R-Kan.) and Reps. Ann Marie Buerkle (R-N.Y.), Renee Ellmers (R-N.C.) and Tom Marino (R-Pa.). The Creative Coalition – a nonprofit, nonpartisan charitable arm of the entertainment industry – will also host a gala event at the Democratic National Convention. The coalition will also co-host daily policy breakfasts, luncheons and other events during both conventions.