- Marco Rubio special guest at Iowa Republicans picnic
- Gov. Scott questions Citizens travel costs
- Driving high questioned on busy day in Congress
- Charlie Crist releases new ad “Up Here,” attacking Rick Scott for focusing on those darn special interests
- Southest Airlines ends partnership with SeaWorld
- Parents of children with special needs defend scholarships against teachers union lawsuit
Brace yourself: Journey to perform at RNC in Tampa
The iconic “Don’t Stop Believin’” band Journey will perform at The Creative Coalition’s gala benefit concert on Aug. 30, during the Republican National Convention in Tampa Bay, reports Politico’s Influence.
Congressional co-hosts for the group’s RNC events include Sens. Richard Burr (R-N.C.), Thad Cochran (R-Miss.), Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) and Jerry Moran (R-Kan.) and Reps. Ann Marie Buerkle (R-N.Y.), Renee Ellmers (R-N.C.) and Tom Marino (R-Pa.). The Creative Coalition – a nonprofit, nonpartisan charitable arm of the entertainment industry – will also host a gala event at the Democratic National Convention. The coalition will also co-host daily policy breakfasts, luncheons and other events during both conventions.