- College Football Playoff era begins
- Bill Clinton to campaign for Charlie Crist in Miami on Friday
- Will Brent Sembler thwart John Thrasher’s FSU ambitions?
- Gov. Scott promises new tax cuts for 2nd term
- About those Nan Rich voters…
- Florida PBA stands with Gwen Graham in Florida’s Second Congressional District
Brace yourself: Journey to perform at RNC in Tampa
The iconic “Don’t Stop Believin’” band Journey will perform at The Creative Coalition’s gala benefit concert on Aug. 30, during the Republican National Convention in Tampa Bay, reports Politico’s Influence.
Congressional co-hosts for the group’s RNC events include Sens. Richard Burr (R-N.C.), Thad Cochran (R-Miss.), Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) and Jerry Moran (R-Kan.) and Reps. Ann Marie Buerkle (R-N.Y.), Renee Ellmers (R-N.C.) and Tom Marino (R-Pa.). The Creative Coalition – a nonprofit, nonpartisan charitable arm of the entertainment industry – will also host a gala event at the Democratic National Convention. The coalition will also co-host daily policy breakfasts, luncheons and other events during both conventions.