- U.S. House OKs bill to address border crisis; Obama condemns it
- In light of redistricting ruling, Senate President urges members not to throw out any relevant docs, files
- Growers and lobbyists not high on second draft of pot rules
- Write-in candidate files emergency motion in HD 64 decision
- Rick Scott campaign pulls in another $397K
- Batman creator’s personal copies to be auctioned
Issuing a rare endorsement, State Attorney Bernie McCabe backs Jim Frishe for State Senate
“I have rarely endorsed candidates in Republican primaries. However, I have known Jim Frishe for over 20 years. He has been a good public servant for Pinellas County. He is active in our community and accessible to the people he represents. Jim Frishe has spent a lifetime fighting to keep Tampa Bay a safe place to live, work, and raise a family. Jim has shown dedication to public safety and has been a valuable partner for law enforcement in Tallahassee. I am pleased to support Jim Frishe for the Florida Senate in the Republican primary on August 14th,” McCabe said.
McCabe is the chief prosecutor for the Sixth Judicial Circuit, which includes both Pinellas and Pasco counties. Elected in 1992, McCabe has a reputation as a leader who institutes innovative and collaborative programs to solve our community’s problems.