- Oystermen fear closing of Apalachicola Bay
- Martin O’Malley joins Charlie Crist on the stump Sunday in Davie
- It’s official, red light cameras in St. Pete are coming down
- Email Insights: Bill Nelson sends his first pro-Charlie Crist email
- Email Insights: Charlie Crist’s plan is “rock-solid,” says Martin O’Malley
- Obama, Clinton urge women to back Democrats
Issuing a rare endorsement, State Attorney Bernie McCabe backs Jim Frishe for State Senate
“I have rarely endorsed candidates in Republican primaries. However, I have known Jim Frishe for over 20 years. He has been a good public servant for Pinellas County. He is active in our community and accessible to the people he represents. Jim Frishe has spent a lifetime fighting to keep Tampa Bay a safe place to live, work, and raise a family. Jim has shown dedication to public safety and has been a valuable partner for law enforcement in Tallahassee. I am pleased to support Jim Frishe for the Florida Senate in the Republican primary on August 14th,” McCabe said.
McCabe is the chief prosecutor for the Sixth Judicial Circuit, which includes both Pinellas and Pasco counties. Elected in 1992, McCabe has a reputation as a leader who institutes innovative and collaborative programs to solve our community’s problems.