- News media wants access to redistricting records
- Carlos Lopez-Cantera talks Cuban embargo, Florida Hispanics and working with Rick Scott
- Sunburn for 7/22 – A morning read of what’s hot in Florida politics
- SpaceX chooses Texas for launch facility, a setback for Space Florida
- Tampa Tribune issues endorsements in Pinellas Commission primaries
- Unilever to lay off more than 200 in Clearwater plant closure
Issuing a rare endorsement, State Attorney Bernie McCabe backs Jim Frishe for State Senate
“I have rarely endorsed candidates in Republican primaries. However, I have known Jim Frishe for over 20 years. He has been a good public servant for Pinellas County. He is active in our community and accessible to the people he represents. Jim Frishe has spent a lifetime fighting to keep Tampa Bay a safe place to live, work, and raise a family. Jim has shown dedication to public safety and has been a valuable partner for law enforcement in Tallahassee. I am pleased to support Jim Frishe for the Florida Senate in the Republican primary on August 14th,” McCabe said.
McCabe is the chief prosecutor for the Sixth Judicial Circuit, which includes both Pinellas and Pasco counties. Elected in 1992, McCabe has a reputation as a leader who institutes innovative and collaborative programs to solve our community’s problems.