- Dept. of Health not backing down from lottery system to select Charlotte’s Web growers
- Poll: Two-thirds of Americans say illegal immigration is a serious problem, up 14 points since May
- Plaintiffs in redistricting case argue Florida must hold statewide election
- Bob Graham hits the campaign trail for daughter Gwen beginning tomorrow
- What do Rick Scott and Justin Bieber have in common, asks American Bridge
- What exactly was House candidate Shawna Vercher’s role on the Obama campaign?
Direct mail round-up: Pro-voucher group attacks State Senate candidate Jack Myers
The way I hear it, Kelli Stargel is well on her way to defeating Jack Myers for the District 15 seat in the Florida Senate. But that isn’t stopping outside groups from pummeling Myers with negative attacks. The latest is a mailpiece from the Florida Federation for Children, which specifically supports school voucher programs and backs candidates “solely on their views on parental choice for low-income families.” Evidently, Myers did not meet its criteria.
By the way, kudos to Myers’ other opponent, Ron Rushing, for bringing this mailer to the public’s attention and criticizing it for what it is — an outside group’s attempt to influence a local election.