- GE plant to bring 250 jobs to Clearwater and $50 million in capital investment
- Daniel Diaz Leyva hits $200,000 raised mark in House District 112 race
- Ted Yoho is “biggest threat to GOP” in midterms, columnist says
- Times editorial: Rick Scott must stop misleading voters about rail
- First bills filed for 2015 legislative session
- Arthenia Joyner endorses Sean Shaw in HD 61
Miami Herald endorses Ron Saunders in competitive Democrat primary for Senate District 39
Voters have two strong choices. Mr. (Dwight) Bullard, a school teacher, has been a passionate advocate of revamping the FCAT. But Mr. (Ron) Saunders’ years of experience in Tallahassee, both now and back in the 1980s and early ’90s when Democrats were the majority in the House, give him the edge.
Mr. Saunders, who returned to the House in 2006, would be well-suited for the more collegial Senate. As a former chairman of the House Appropriations Committee, he knows how to balance the budget and find money for key economic development projects that need state investments. He’s proven to be a successful leader on protecting the Everglades, fighting for more money for cash-strapped classrooms and crucial wastewater projects that protect the bay and other waterways.