- Probe exposes flaws behind Healthcare.gov rollout
- Colin Powell maybe not told early about CIA techniques
- Sunshine Law violation charges dropped against Chris Dorworth’s girlfriend, Rebekah Hammond
- Ethics panel tosses complaints against Rick Scott, Charlie Crist
- U.S. Rep. Patrick Murphy introduces legislation to restore Indian River Lagoon
- Reggie Fullwood sues state over disqualification in HD 113 race
Miami Herald endorses Ron Saunders in competitive Democrat primary for Senate District 39
Voters have two strong choices. Mr. (Dwight) Bullard, a school teacher, has been a passionate advocate of revamping the FCAT. But Mr. (Ron) Saunders’ years of experience in Tallahassee, both now and back in the 1980s and early ’90s when Democrats were the majority in the House, give him the edge.
Mr. Saunders, who returned to the House in 2006, would be well-suited for the more collegial Senate. As a former chairman of the House Appropriations Committee, he knows how to balance the budget and find money for key economic development projects that need state investments. He’s proven to be a successful leader on protecting the Everglades, fighting for more money for cash-strapped classrooms and crucial wastewater projects that protect the bay and other waterways.