- U.S. House OKs bill to address border crisis; Obama condemns it
- In light of redistricting ruling, Senate President urges members not to throw out any relevant docs, files
- Growers and lobbyists not high on second draft of pot rules
- Write-in candidate files emergency motion in HD 64 decision
- Rick Scott campaign pulls in another $397K
- Batman creator’s personal copies to be auctioned
Poll suggests Vern Buchanan is vulnerable
Vern Buchanan, who was outraised last quarter by his Democratic opponent Keith Fitzgerald, leads by eight points, 44-36, in a poll conducted by Public Policy Polling and first shared with Politico’s Morning Score. “19% are still undecided with just over three months to go, making this a potentially tight race,” PPP’s Dustin Ingalls writes. “This district leans slightly Republican, but with the incumbent’s campaign finance woes, this is definitely a winnable seat for Democrats [...] 40% view Buchanan favorably, but almost as many (37%) unfavorably.’ Democrats will relentless hammer the NRCC finance chairman as ethically challenged this fall, which they think could shrink the margin. Read the memo here.