- Jeff Brandes endorses Bill Young for House District 68
- Satanists to distribute pamphlets at Florida schools after school board allows religious materials
- Captain Citrus, Florida’s newest Marvel superhero, makes first appearance in Tampa
- Once-troubled reverse mortgages poised for rebound
- Today on Context Florida: Entrepreneurs, political priorities, veggies and Pensacola after Ivan
- Florida’s ‘Gray Belt’ a glimpse at nation’s future
Poll suggests Vern Buchanan is vulnerable
Vern Buchanan, who was outraised last quarter by his Democratic opponent Keith Fitzgerald, leads by eight points, 44-36, in a poll conducted by Public Policy Polling and first shared with Politico’s Morning Score. “19% are still undecided with just over three months to go, making this a potentially tight race,” PPP’s Dustin Ingalls writes. “This district leans slightly Republican, but with the incumbent’s campaign finance woes, this is definitely a winnable seat for Democrats [...] 40% view Buchanan favorably, but almost as many (37%) unfavorably.’ Democrats will relentless hammer the NRCC finance chairman as ethically challenged this fall, which they think could shrink the margin. Read the memo here.