- Public finance pros Bryant Miller Olive posts $370K in Q2 lobbying fees
- Adams St. Advocates reports lobbying revenue of $310K in Q2
- What kind of margin of victory does Charlie Crist need in the Democratic primary?
- The Fiorentino Group rakes in $880K in Q2 lobbying fees
- Corcoran & Johnston reports $1.3 million in Q2 lobbying fees
- Today on Context Florida: Florida redux, Miami, higher education and a bigger bridge
Stat of the Day: By September, 1 million Floridians will have 'concealed carry' permits
Sometime in September Florida will have more than a million active conceal carry permit holders. Right now there are 950-thousand Floridians with a license to carry a weapon and the applications are flooding in. The Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services processes those applications. Agriculture Commissioner Adam Putnam says permit holders rarely cause problems.
“There continues to be an extraordinarily small number of concealed weapons license holders who break the law,” said Putnam.
The state licensing fee for a weapons permit has fallen this year and Putnam has made changes to speed up the licensing process.