- Who are the ’30 under 30′ rising stars of Florida politics?
- Sen. John Thrasher makes the cut; will be interviewed Tuesday for FSU president’s job
- St. Pete embraces the International Day of Peace
- Study shows Florida voters rejecting federal internet sales tax push
- FSU survives Clemson; can its reputation survive ‘Jameis being Jameis’?
- U.S. Rep. David Jolly calls on more days in session for Congress
- Meet Kevin Cleary — one of the 30 under 30 rising stars in Florida politics
Stat of the Day: By September, 1 million Floridians will have 'concealed carry' permits
Sometime in September Florida will have more than a million active conceal carry permit holders. Right now there are 950-thousand Floridians with a license to carry a weapon and the applications are flooding in. The Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services processes those applications. Agriculture Commissioner Adam Putnam says permit holders rarely cause problems.
“There continues to be an extraordinarily small number of concealed weapons license holders who break the law,” said Putnam.
The state licensing fee for a weapons permit has fallen this year and Putnam has made changes to speed up the licensing process.