- Take a cue, Sea World: ‘Dolphin Tale’ aquarium plans to drop animal shows
- Ex-Republican Charlie Crist is Florida Democrats big hope
- Poll: For 56% of Americans, Labor Day means Summer’s over
- Marco Rubio changes tune on immigration; is it enough for conservatives?
- Meet John Morgan: The man behind the medical pot drive
- Today on Context Florida: The Internet, FSU president, student loans and high-stakes testing
Taking a look at Obama Campaign's new ad, “The Choice”
President Obama’s campaign released a new TV ad this week in Florida titled “The Choice.” The new ad features President Obama laying out the choice of how to grow the economy, create middle-class jobs and pay down the debt.
“Over the next four months, you have a choice to make. Not just between two political parties, or even two people. It’s a choice between two very different plans for our country. Governor Romney’s plan would cut taxes for the folks at the very top. Roll back regulations on big banks. And he says that if we do, our economy will grow and everyone will benefit. But you know what? We tried that top down approach. It’s what caused the mess in the first place,” Obama says in the ad.
The president says his plan involves “asking the wealthy to pay a little more, so that we can pay down our debt in a balanced way,” while having money for education, manufacturing and energy.
Obama’s campaign is spending over $1.6 million to air ads in Florida over the next two weeks.