- Today on Context Florida: Prisons, immigration, bike trail connector and managing money
- The strange case of Dr. Jekyll and Sunshine State News
- Sunburn for 7/25 – A morning read of what’s hot in Florida politics
- Gaza in Miami?
- Gray|Robinson launches new practice group that includes focus on medical marijuana
- Gov. Scott and the bike trail: What a difference an election year makes
Watch: Allen West's powerful new TV ad, "Body Armor"
“When we got our orders to go to Iraq, my wife was eight months pregnant,” Sgt. Robert Delgado (Ret.) says at the top of a bone-chillingly powerful, 60-second spot that Rep. Allen West (R-Fla.) will air during the Olympics. “So it was a little nerve wracking not knowing, you know, ‘Will I get to see my unborn child?’ My commander was Lt. Col. Allen West, and he said, ‘I’m going to make sure you come home to your wife and your newborn baby.’ Before we went into Iraq, he gave me his body armor. We were driving with night vision goggles. Well, this car came flying by and this AK-47 just starts firing. And I got shot. If I hadn’t had that body armor though, I don’t think I’d really be here because where it hit is where my lung was. Lt. Col. Allen West saved my life. It was just the greatest feeling in the world to hold my son for the first time. Col. West gave me his body armor. Because of that, I’m here today.” Watch here. (First posted by POLITICO’s Morning Score.)