- How the First District Court of Appeal ignored Florida voters
- On Tim Morgan: The man behind the man behind the fight for medical marijuana in Florida
- 5 things to know about possible Senate uncertainty
- Declining median incomes becomes anti-Rick Scott talking point for Fla. Dems
- Astronauts getting 3-D printer at space station
- A round-up of Sunday editorials from Florida’s leading newspapers
Watch: Allen West's powerful new TV ad, "Body Armor"
“When we got our orders to go to Iraq, my wife was eight months pregnant,” Sgt. Robert Delgado (Ret.) says at the top of a bone-chillingly powerful, 60-second spot that Rep. Allen West (R-Fla.) will air during the Olympics. “So it was a little nerve wracking not knowing, you know, ‘Will I get to see my unborn child?’ My commander was Lt. Col. Allen West, and he said, ‘I’m going to make sure you come home to your wife and your newborn baby.’ Before we went into Iraq, he gave me his body armor. We were driving with night vision goggles. Well, this car came flying by and this AK-47 just starts firing. And I got shot. If I hadn’t had that body armor though, I don’t think I’d really be here because where it hit is where my lung was. Lt. Col. Allen West saved my life. It was just the greatest feeling in the world to hold my son for the first time. Col. West gave me his body armor. Because of that, I’m here today.” Watch here. (First posted by POLITICO’s Morning Score.)