- Meet John Morgan: The man behind the medical pot drive
- Today on Context Florida: The Internet, FSU president, student loans and high-stakes testing
- Labor Day Weekend, brought to you by these Florida lobbyists and political organizations
- Gov. Scott to barnstorm the state with tax cut proposal
- Obama seeks to do no harm to Democrats in midterms
- 2016-ers jockey even before congressional elections
Florida's Kristen Callaway #3 on The Hill's list of '50 Most Beautiful People'
Kristen Callaway, a legislative assistant to U.S. Rep. Steve Southerland, comes in at #3 on The Hill’s list of the 50 Most Beautiful People working on Capitol Hill. An excerpt from her profile:
Callaway is a Tallahassee girl with a taste for the cosmopolitan. She grew up playing soccer in Florida’s state capital, which she says feels a lot more like southern Georgia, and even went to church with Bobby Bowden, Florida State University’s legendary football coach.”
… “Faith is what motivated me to get into politics,” she says. She’s happy to work for a boss who she says cares about the poor, noting that the congressman is part of a conservative anti-poverty initiative with the Heritage Foundation.
In her free time she likes to hang out with friends and shop, the latter “probably more than I should,” she says with a laugh.
Winter Haven’s Leslie Rath is also on the list.