- Census: Floridians better educated in 2013
- Largo Commissioner Curtis Holmes SHOULD NOT resign over THAT!
- Study: Americans endure unwanted care near death
- Judithanne McLauchlan challenges Sen. Jeff Brandes to debates already scheduled
- Personnel note: Fiorentino Group’s Bo Bohannon to retire, while Tom Griffin is set to to join firm
- Conservative Hillsborough commissioners change course on domestic partnership registry
Allen West: I’m selling hot dogs at RNC in Tampa (not really)
Ever the jokester, Rep. Allen West grabbed attention this morning in the Speaker’s Lobby, telling reporters he has more than political ambitions for the upcoming Republican National Convention in Tampa. ‘I’m going to be selling hot dogs!’
Of course, the Republican congressman was joking, as West’s communications director confirmed to POLITICO.
“Congressman West will not be selling hotdogs outside of the Convention hall, even though we all like the idea of opening The Colonel’s Hotdogs since we’re pretty confident we could do it on our own,” Angela Melvin wrote in an e-mail. “They would be beef hot dogs and condiments would be free.”