- Will Brent Sembler thwart John Thrasher’s FSU ambitions?
- Gov. Scott promises new tax cuts for 2nd term
- About those Nan Rich voters…
- Florida PBA stands with Gwen Graham in Florida’s Second Congressional District
- It’s official: Jay Fant beats Paul Renner in HD 15 by two votes
- John Morgan goes “unplugged” with NSFW rant at post-debate rally for medical marijuana
MoveOn.org backs Lois Frankel in CD 22
MoveOn.org Political Action endorsed Lois Frankel in Congressional District 22. Jacobs in the Democratic primary for Florida’s 22nd District. The group has more than 22,000 members in the district, according to a release. Noting her outstanding track record as the mayor of West Palm Beach and state representative, MoveOn members “made it clear that Frankel is the best candidate to take the fight for the 99% to Washington.”
Frankel said she was honored to have the support of MoveOn.org. “I’ve always said we’d run a powerful, grassroots campaign, and I’m grateful to have the support of so many Floridians. In Congress, I’ll always stand up for Social Security, Medicare, and job-creating policies. Together we’ll break through the gridlock in Washington and move our country forward,” Frankel added.
“Lois Frankel has years of experience fighting for middle-class families at the local and state level,” said Daniel Mintz, MoveOn’s National Director of Coordinated Campaigns. “Her commitment to protecting the critical programs Floridians rely on—like Social Security and Medicare—and to breaking the gridlock in Congress to get our economy back on track is exactly the kind of leadership we need in Washington.”