- TBT: First U.S. patents, Breech-loading cannons, Kevlar and oxygen
- Today on Context Florida: Israel & Hamas, one-up California, wealth lobby and newspapers
- Golfer who beat 64-year-old with “piston-like punching,” denied Stand Your Ground defense by Florida judge
- AARP Florida releases “2014 Legislative Voting Record” on senior issues
- Price tag for new Gateway expressway is $454M
- Sunburn for 7/31 – A morning read of what’s hot in Florida politics
Watch out, Charlie: Committee linked to Rick Scott now at $3.9 million raised
The Let’s Get To Work political committee, which is closely tied to Gov. Rick Scott, raised $175,100 between July 7 and July 20, with $150,000 of that total coming from a Realtors group, new elections records show reports the News Service of Florida. Let’s Get To Work has now raised more than $3.9 million this year, though Scott does not face a re-election campaign until 2014. The $150,000 came July 11 from a Florida Realtors advocacy fund, according to records posted on the state Division of Elections website.