- Slaying of FSU law professor is a seeming mystery
- Lisa Montelione seeks re-election to Tampa City Council
- Today on Context Florida: Sandra Day O’Connor, acid fracking, David Waggonner and government & business
- Tampa man accused of scamming Apple out of $309,768
- Today’s TBT: Charlie Crist on his birthday, over time
- Ritch Workman files to run for Florida Senate in 2018
O-M-G, the new ad attacking Jim Frishe is just ridiculous!
I guess this is what one does with $250,000 from the US Chamber…
Whether it be irony of citing the Tampa Bay Times — which endorsed Jim Frishe over Jeff Brandes in Senate District 22 — or focusing on an issue originally proposed by a Republican governor (Bob Martinez’ tax on services) or calling Frishe, the staunchest of a Republican, a liberal, this has to be the most preposterous ad airing in this race.
But just because the ad is preposterous doesn’t mean it won’t be effective. The capture I snagged of this ad was when the commercial aired on network TV — a sure sign that there are tens of thousands of dollars behind this media buy.
All of that said, I do like the dog at the end of the spot.