- Gov. Scott to barnstorm the state with tax cut proposal
- Obama seeks to do no harm to Democrats in midterms
- 2016-ers jockey even before congressional elections
- Brace yourselves: Campaign cash buying tons of ads
- Sunburn for 9/1 – A morning read of what’s hot in Florida politics
- 1 killed in small plane crash near Albert Whitted Airport
In HD 34, Nancy Argenziano and Rep. Jimmie Smith seem allergic to fundraising
Between July 7 and July 20, HD 34 independent candidate Nancy Argenziano did not raise any new funds, and her opponent, Rep. Jimmie Smith, R-Inverness. raised a modest $1,475 in contributions. Overall, Smith has an extreme fundraising edge in the district with a total of $67,947 compared to Argenziano’s $3,845 overall. Argenziano, a former House and Senate member, is campaigning for a comeback to the Florida Legislature, but contributions appear scarce.