- Dept. of Health not backing down from lottery system to select Charlotte’s Web growers
- Poll: Two-thirds of Americans say illegal immigration is a serious problem, up 14 points since May
- Plaintiffs in redistricting case argue Florida must hold statewide election
- Bob Graham hits the campaign trail for daughter Gwen beginning tomorrow
- What do Rick Scott and Justin Bieber have in common, asks American Bridge
- What exactly was House candidate Shawna Vercher’s role on the Obama campaign?
In HD 34, Nancy Argenziano and Rep. Jimmie Smith seem allergic to fundraising
Between July 7 and July 20, HD 34 independent candidate Nancy Argenziano did not raise any new funds, and her opponent, Rep. Jimmie Smith, R-Inverness. raised a modest $1,475 in contributions. Overall, Smith has an extreme fundraising edge in the district with a total of $67,947 compared to Argenziano’s $3,845 overall. Argenziano, a former House and Senate member, is campaigning for a comeback to the Florida Legislature, but contributions appear scarce.