- No DC gridlock for gay marriage, legal marijuana
- Mayor Kriseman to focus on budding Warehouse Arts District during 3-day urban planning consortium
- Ross Spano takes 13-point lead over Donna Lee Fore in House District 59
- Costa Farms challenges Charlotte’s Web rules; DOH Secretary asks about compassion
- Campaigns set to begin final drive, absentee and early voting changes calendar
- Guess which poll is missing from Marc Caputo’s unscrewing of the gubernatorial polls?
Last time it launched an app, Mitt Romney campaign misspelled 'America'; this time it will use one to announce VP choice
The last time the Mitt Romney campaign garnered media attention for its use of a mobile phone app, it misspelled ‘America’. Today, it announced it will reveal Romney’s VP choice via a new mobile app.
From a media release:
Romney for President today launched a new mobile app that will allow users to sign up to be the first to learn the identity of the 2012 Republican Vice Presidential candidate.
The new app, called “Mitt’s VP,” will serve as the campaign’s first official distribution channel for Mitt Romney’s announcement of who he selects to be his Vice Presidential candidate.
“The historic announcement is getting closer,” said Beth Myers, Romney Campaign Senior Adviser. “Soon everyone will know who Mitt Romney selects as his Vice Presidential running mate. With this new app, users can be the first to know the second member of America’s Comeback Team.”
“The first official way to learn the name of the Republican Vice Presidential candidate is by using our new ‘Mitt’s VP’ app,” said Romney Digital Director Zac Moffatt. “Users of the app will be the first to get the news on the biggest political decision of the year through an instantaneous alert on the one device most people carry around the clock – their phone.”
As soon as the Vice Presidential choice is announced, users will receive a push notification on their smart phone. The new app will allow users to share the exciting news on their own social networks.
“Mitt’s VP,” downloadable for free on both iPhone and Android platforms, is the latest innovation by the Romney campaign to engage supporters and reach new voters using a host of social media tools.