- Polk County business alliance launches “No Tax No Way” online campaign
- Tampa Bay Rays pitch $25,000 into Greenlight Pinellas campaign
- Rick Scott campaign approaches $8M in fundraising
- Carlos Curbelo calls Medicare and Social Security “Ponzi schemes” in DC talk
- Florida Supreme Court holds testy hearing on secret evidence
- Florida Democrats pounce as 6,000 Florida jobs disappear
Marco Rubio to headline “Paint the Senate Red Fundraising Bash” on first night of RNC
Marco Rubio is throwing a high-dollar fundraiser on the first night of the Republican National Convention, according to POLITICO.
The event, which has been dubbed the “Paint the Senate Red Fundraising Bash,” is set for Monday, Aug. 27, from 9 p.m. to midnight at The Cube and will benefit the Rubio/Reclaim America Joint Committee.
Organizers have created four contribution tiers based on famous artists. The so-called “Michelangelo” level asks donors to raise $20,000. In exchange, they receive a private dinner, backstage reception, and a photo-op with the Florida Republican. “Monet” contributors are asked to pony up $10,000 per couple for access to the backstage reception and photo-op with Rubio while “Warhol” donors are $5,000 per couple and are able to attend just the reception. The “Britto” level asks donors to contribute $1,000 for general admittance to the event.
More details here.