- Martin O’Malley joins Charlie Crist on the stump Sunday in Davie
- It’s official, red light cameras in St. Pete are coming down
- Email Insights: Bill Nelson sends his first pro-Charlie Crist email
- Email Insights: Charlie Crist’s plan is “rock-solid,” says Martin O’Malley
- Obama, Clinton urge women to back Democrats
- While other 2016ers are building campaigns, Jeb Bush is building his business empire
In SD 8, Dorothy Hukill wins Lake County Hob Nob straw poll
For the second time in two weeks, Dorothy Hukill has won a major straw poll in the race for Senate District 8. Last night, Hukill took over 76% of the vote in the Lake County Election Hob Nob 2012, held in Leesburg.
Hukill took 310 votes to just 96 for Democrat Frank Bruno, a three-to-one advantage that represented one of the largest margins of victory at the entire event.
“The most important poll is the one on November 6th, but we’re very encouraged by last night’s results from Lake County,” Hukill said. “I’m honored by the support we’ve received from District 8 voters so far, and I pledge to be their strongest advocate in the Florida Senate.”
This straw poll is especially important, since Lake County is a swing area in Senate District 8 – both candidates are somewhat new to Lake County voters, having never previously appeared on a ballot in Lake County.
On July 19th, Hukill also won a resounding victory in a straw poll held at the West Volusia Regional Chamber of Commerce Hob Nob, taking over 65% of the final tally.
Last night’s Hob Nob was sponsored by several prominent Lake County organizations, including Leadership Lake County and the Daily Commercial newspaper.