- Wine collector set for sentencing on fraud charges
- Charlie Crist: “I’m not a scientist either but I can use my brain and I can talk to one”
- Tampa Trib offers key endorsement of Sean Shaw in HD 61 race
- DOH’s Office of Compassionate Use says draft rules on Charlotte’s Web delayed
- John Legg endorses Chris Gregg in House District 36
- Charlie Crist committee transfers another $600K to Florida Democratic Party
Bad day for bloggers everywhere: Rick Scott to blog for HuffPo
Gov. Rick Scott has agreed to contribute to a new Huffington Post blog aimed at spotlighting job creation, Scott’s spokesperson Brian Burgess confirmed Thursday, writes Nora McAlvanah of FLDemocracy2012.com
He will write for the pre-convention blog called “Opportunity: What Is Working,” featuring posts from governors, mayors, and other elected officials focused on “coming up with strategies to bring jobs to their constituents.”
Arianna Huffington, the founder and editor-in-chief of the news site, sent Scott an e-mail this week inviting him to contribute to the blog, which she said was “aimed at highlighting successes in turning around the country’s economic morass.”
The goal is to shift “the narrative from a fatalistic acceptance of our unemployment crisis and what’s going wrong with the country” and instead “spotlight on what is working,” Huffington wrote in her message to Scott sent Monday.
In June, Mitt Romney’s campaign reportedly asked Scott to tone down his statements heralding improvements in the state’s economy because they clash with his message that the nation is suffering under President Obama.