- New House Majority PAC ad blasts Steve Southerland for forgetting the folks back home
- Court: US can withhold Guantanamo detainee images
- Scott calls militants ‘evil’ in journalist killing
- Mourners gather at Miami home of slain journalist
- U.S. Rep. David Jolly calls on NOAA to take action on red tide near Pinellas
- Steve Southerland finds himself on most endangered incumbents list
Watch the new attack ad against Aaron Bean, “Stop Lying Now”
Immigration votes taken by Aaron Bean as a member of the Florida House have been at the center of a recent line of attack from a third-party group supporting his opponent, Mike Weinstein, reports Matt Dixon of the Florida-Times Union.
…Bean spokeswoman Sarah Bascom said he “did not support extending any benefits to illegal immigrants,” and Bean said in a radio interview “they’re making crazy claims that Aaron Bean is in favor of illegal aliens getting reduced tuition, and nothing…could be further from the truth.”
Those responses prompted a second ad from the group supporting Weinstein – Floridians for Ethics and Truth in Politics.
“Your record on illegal immigration is bad enough, Mr. Bean,” the narrator says. “Your lies just make it worse.”