- Poll: Two-thirds of Americans say illegal immigration is a serious problem, up 14 points since May
- Plaintiffs in redistricting case argue Florida must hold statewide election
- Bob Graham hits the campaign trail for daughter Gwen beginning tomorrow
- What do Rick Scott and Justin Bieber have in common, asks American Bridge
- What exactly was House candidate Shawna Vercher’s role on the Obama campaign?
- Why Florida has to do medical marijuana right
Watch the new attack ad against Aaron Bean, “Stop Lying Now”
Immigration votes taken by Aaron Bean as a member of the Florida House have been at the center of a recent line of attack from a third-party group supporting his opponent, Mike Weinstein, reports Matt Dixon of the Florida-Times Union.
…Bean spokeswoman Sarah Bascom said he “did not support extending any benefits to illegal immigrants,” and Bean said in a radio interview “they’re making crazy claims that Aaron Bean is in favor of illegal aliens getting reduced tuition, and nothing…could be further from the truth.”
Those responses prompted a second ad from the group supporting Weinstein – Floridians for Ethics and Truth in Politics.
“Your record on illegal immigration is bad enough, Mr. Bean,” the narrator says. “Your lies just make it worse.”