- Once-troubled reverse mortgages poised for rebound
- Today on Context Florida: Entrepreneurs, political priorities, veggies and Pensacola after Ivan
- Florida’s ‘Gray Belt’ a glimpse at nation’s future
- Sunburn for 9/16 – A morning read of what’s hot in Florida politics
- New study shows minorities disproportionately affected by long wait times on Election Day in Florida
- No DC gridlock for gay marriage, legal marijuana
Vote for Bill Foster for ‘Worst Local Politician’ in Creative Loafing’s Best of the Bay awards
Looking for a way to register your disgust with Mayor Bill Foster’s handling of the Pier debate or Rays’ stadium controversy? Then vote for him in Creative Loafing‘s Best of the Bay awards in the category of ‘Worst Local Politician.’
Certainly, there are much worse politicians in Tampa Bay (Rob Turner comes to mind), heck, there are worse politicians in St. Petersburg’s City Hall (hello, Wengay Newton), but has any other local leader done less with more than Bill Foster? Foster spent much of his life yearning to be Mayor, but once he won the office, he resigned to just ‘tinkering’ with an agenda.
Maybe Foster isn’t the worst politician, but he certainly has done the least with the gifts given to him.
Be sure to cast your vote.