- Today on Context Florida: Prisons, immigration, bike trail connector and managing money
- The strange case of Dr. Jekyll and Sunshine State News
- Sunburn for 7/25 – A morning read of what’s hot in Florida politics
- Gaza in Miami?
- Gray|Robinson launches new practice group that includes focus on medical marijuana
- Gov. Scott and the bike trail: What a difference an election year makes
Vote for Bill Foster for ‘Worst Local Politician’ in Creative Loafing’s Best of the Bay awards
Looking for a way to register your disgust with Mayor Bill Foster’s handling of the Pier debate or Rays’ stadium controversy? Then vote for him in Creative Loafing‘s Best of the Bay awards in the category of ‘Worst Local Politician.’
Certainly, there are much worse politicians in Tampa Bay (Rob Turner comes to mind), heck, there are worse politicians in St. Petersburg’s City Hall (hello, Wengay Newton), but has any other local leader done less with more than Bill Foster? Foster spent much of his life yearning to be Mayor, but once he won the office, he resigned to just ‘tinkering’ with an agenda.
Maybe Foster isn’t the worst politician, but he certainly has done the least with the gifts given to him.
Be sure to cast your vote.