- Florida TaxWatch names two new Tallahassee staff members
- The week ahead in Florida politics: July 28 – Aug 2
- Lofty goals for new Florida Polytechnic University
- Not in my backyard: US sending dirty coal abroad
- ‘Avengers’ unleash ‘Ultron’ footage at Comic-Con
- After air ball during congressional committee, Curt Clawson renews his “three-point challenge” to Obama
Vote for Bill Foster for ‘Worst Local Politician’ in Creative Loafing’s Best of the Bay awards
Looking for a way to register your disgust with Mayor Bill Foster’s handling of the Pier debate or Rays’ stadium controversy? Then vote for him in Creative Loafing‘s Best of the Bay awards in the category of ‘Worst Local Politician.’
Certainly, there are much worse politicians in Tampa Bay (Rob Turner comes to mind), heck, there are worse politicians in St. Petersburg’s City Hall (hello, Wengay Newton), but has any other local leader done less with more than Bill Foster? Foster spent much of his life yearning to be Mayor, but once he won the office, he resigned to just ‘tinkering’ with an agenda.
Maybe Foster isn’t the worst politician, but he certainly has done the least with the gifts given to him.
Be sure to cast your vote.