- Once-troubled reverse mortgages poised for rebound
- Today on Context Florida: Entrepreneurs, political priorities, veggies and Pensacola after Ivan
- Florida’s ‘Gray Belt’ a glimpse at nation’s future
- Sunburn for 9/16 – A morning read of what’s hot in Florida politics
- New study shows minorities disproportionately affected by long wait times on Election Day in Florida
- No DC gridlock for gay marriage, legal marijuana
O-M-G: The Commodores to perform at event during RNC week!
National Republican Senatorial Committee Chairman John Cornyn (R-Texas) will be in the house for the Grammy-winning band the Commodores at the GOP national convention in Tampa, reports POLITICO Influence. The event to honor the Republican leadership will feature Cornyn as a speaker on Aug. 26 at the Historic Cuban Club of Ybor City. Entertainment includes two-step by the Josh Abbott Band, soul by the Commodores and rock and roll by DJ Rockstar. An added bonus: cigar rollers in the patio Cigar lounge.
Cost to get in on the action: $25,000 for ‘silver’ sponsors who get 10 VIP-area tickets, 25 general admission tickets, corporate name and credentials and signage at the event. The ‘bronze’ level sponsors get four tickets to the VIP area, 15 general admission tickets, corporate name and signet for $10,000.