- Poll: Two-thirds of Americans say illegal immigration is a serious problem, up 14 points since May
- Plaintiffs in redistricting case argue Florida must hold statewide election
- Bob Graham hits the campaign trail for daughter Gwen beginning tomorrow
- What do Rick Scott and Justin Bieber have in common, asks American Bridge
- What exactly was House candidate Shawna Vercher’s role on the Obama campaign?
- Why Florida has to do medical marijuana right
O-M-G: The Commodores to perform at event during RNC week!
National Republican Senatorial Committee Chairman John Cornyn (R-Texas) will be in the house for the Grammy-winning band the Commodores at the GOP national convention in Tampa, reports POLITICO Influence. The event to honor the Republican leadership will feature Cornyn as a speaker on Aug. 26 at the Historic Cuban Club of Ybor City. Entertainment includes two-step by the Josh Abbott Band, soul by the Commodores and rock and roll by DJ Rockstar. An added bonus: cigar rollers in the patio Cigar lounge.
Cost to get in on the action: $25,000 for ‘silver’ sponsors who get 10 VIP-area tickets, 25 general admission tickets, corporate name and credentials and signage at the event. The ‘bronze’ level sponsors get four tickets to the VIP area, 15 general admission tickets, corporate name and signet for $10,000.