- Sunshine Law violation charges dropped against Chris Dorworth’s girlfriend, Rebekah Hammond
- Ethics panel tosses complaints against Rick Scott, Charlie Crist
- U.S. Rep. Patrick Murphy introduces legislation to restore Indian River Lagoon
- Reggie Fullwood sues state over disqualification in HD 113 race
- Florida Restaurant Association endorses Rick Scott and Carlos Lopez-Cantera
- Email Insights: Three endorsements help Richard DeNapoli “fight the smears”
Rick Scott unsure of when he’ll speak at RNC
Gov. Rick Scott said he is not sure when he will address the Republican National Convention when it convenes later this month, reports the News Service of Florida. Scott’s name was included in the first list of speakers for the event. The governor said he has not been given a timeslot and has not been in contact with convention officials. He did not know if his comments had to be pre-cleared with the RNC or the Mitt Romney campaign. Scott said his message remains the same. Florida is moving in the right direction. He has not spent too much time wondering what he will say, but the message will likely be a familiar one. “What I am focused on right now is what I’m focused on every day,” Scott told reporters. The convention starts Aug. 27.