- College Football Playoff era begins
- Bill Clinton to campaign for Charlie Crist in Miami on Friday
- Will Brent Sembler thwart John Thrasher’s FSU ambitions?
- Gov. Scott promises new tax cuts for 2nd term
- About those Nan Rich voters…
- Florida PBA stands with Gwen Graham in Florida’s Second Congressional District
Romney’s popularity remains very low
A new ABC News/Washington Post poll finds Mitt Romney is laboring under the lowest personal popularity ratings for a presidential nominee in midsummer election-year polls back to 1984.
Just 40% of Americans overall view Romney favorably, 49% unfavorably – leaving him underwater, at least numerically, in 10 straight polls this year. A new high of 30% now see him “strongly” unfavorably, nearly double his strongly favorable score.
“Romney’s inability to gain on Obama since then may be a sign that his image has been damaged by summer stumbles, including new attention on his tax returns and an overseas trip that included several gaffes.”