- Tampa Bay’s Campaign Weekender for Sept. 19-21
- Hearing for Charlotte’s Web challenge scheduled for October 14 & 15
- Coming Monday: Who are the ’30 under 30′ rising stars of Florida politics?
- Circuit Judge to be reprimanded and fined $25,000
- Twitter updates how-to manual for politicians and campaigns
- Rep. Charlie Stone files for re-election
Fla. Society of News Editors and Lynn University to partner on final presidential debate
“We were honored when the FSNE board decided to endorse our effort to host a 2012 presidential debate,” said Jason Walton, Lynn University chief of staff.
FSNE and Lynn initiatives include:
- educational meetings with students
- hosting of FSNE’s quarterly board meeting on Oct. 15
- developing a news feed on Lynn’s official debate website, found in the Election News section
“Florida is again at ground zero of a hotly contested presidential race, and it is fitting and appropriate to hold a debate in this swing state,” said Mark A. Russell, executive editor of the Orlando Sentinel and FSNE president.