- Take a cue, Sea World: ‘Dolphin Tale’ aquarium plans to drop animal shows
- Ex-Republican Charlie Crist is Florida Democrats big hope
- Poll: For 56% of Americans, Labor Day means Summer’s over
- Marco Rubio changes tune on immigration; is it enough for conservatives?
- Meet John Morgan: The man behind the medical pot drive
- Today on Context Florida: The Internet, FSU president, student loans and high-stakes testing
Direct mail round-up: SD 25 Republican Melanie Peterson branded a liberal in attack pieces
Two Republicans in State Senate District 25 are fighting for their party’s nomination in the Aug. 14 primary.
Realtor and horse trainer Melanie Peterson, who served with the Palm Beach Soil and Water Conservation District, is pushing her local roots and stressing the need for smaller government in Tallahassee.
Peterson is facing lawyer Geoff Sommers, a former congressional staffer who is also stressing his ties to the area and calling for less regulation. Sommers, who flies up to Washington once a week to teach a class on international law, has raised less than $17,000 and has loaned his campaign $40,000. At the end of the second quarter of 2012, Sommers had spent less than $33,000.
Now it looks like this primary has taken a decidedly negative turn. Here are three mailers attacking Peterson as a liberal and a RINO – Republican in Name Only.
Material from Sunshine State News was used in this post.