- Largo Commissioner Curtis Holmes SHOULD NOT resign over THAT!
- Hang on a second … City’s Al Lang management deal with Bill Edwards may not be off the table
- Study: Americans endure unwanted care near death
- Judithanne McLauchlan challenges Sen. Jeff Brandes to debates already scheduled
- Personnel note: Fiorentino Group’s Bo Bohannon to retire, while Tom Griffin is set to to join firm
- Conservative Hillsborough commissioners change course on domestic partnership registry
Direct mail round-up: SD 25 Republican Melanie Peterson branded a liberal in attack pieces
Two Republicans in State Senate District 25 are fighting for their party’s nomination in the Aug. 14 primary.
Realtor and horse trainer Melanie Peterson, who served with the Palm Beach Soil and Water Conservation District, is pushing her local roots and stressing the need for smaller government in Tallahassee.
Peterson is facing lawyer Geoff Sommers, a former congressional staffer who is also stressing his ties to the area and calling for less regulation. Sommers, who flies up to Washington once a week to teach a class on international law, has raised less than $17,000 and has loaned his campaign $40,000. At the end of the second quarter of 2012, Sommers had spent less than $33,000.
Now it looks like this primary has taken a decidedly negative turn. Here are three mailers attacking Peterson as a liberal and a RINO – Republican in Name Only.
Material from Sunshine State News was used in this post.