- Jeff Atwater should campaign like the classy Cardinals fan he is instead of being Yankee antagonizer
- Second medical marijuana law workshop scheduled in Tallahassee for Aug. 1
- Sunburn for 7/23 – A morning read of what’s hot in Florida politics
- Latest Q-poll of Fla. gov’s race: Charlie Crist 45%, Rick Scott 40%
- Gov. Rick Scott jobs tour pushes permanent sales tax cuts
- Sha Na Na’s Bowzer endorses Gwen Graham in Florida’s 2nd Congressional District
In HD 17, “Doc” Renuart receives fundraising boost from RPOF
Facing a tough primary race, state Rep. Ronald “Doc” Renuart, R-Ponte Vedra Beach, raised $28,300 in cash between July 21 and Aug. 9 and also got behind-the-scenes help from the state Republican Party, new reports show via The News Service of Florida.
The party provided nearly $19,000 in in-kind services to Renuart, including polling, consulting and campaign staff. Renuart also tapped into major statewide GOP donors during the period, such as Walt Disney Parks and Resorts and a Florida Chamber of Commerce political committee, the records show. Renuart is running in Tuesday’s primary in the newly drawn District 17 against St. Johns County Republicans Mike Davis and Kim Kendall.