- Polk County business alliance launches “No Tax No Way” online campaign
- Tampa Bay Rays pitch $25,000 into Greenlight Pinellas campaign
- Rick Scott campaign approaches $8M in fundraising
- Carlos Curbelo calls Medicare and Social Security “Ponzi schemes” in DC talk
- Florida Supreme Court holds testy hearing on secret evidence
- Florida Democrats pounce as 6,000 Florida jobs disappear
In HD 17, “Doc” Renuart receives fundraising boost from RPOF
Facing a tough primary race, state Rep. Ronald “Doc” Renuart, R-Ponte Vedra Beach, raised $28,300 in cash between July 21 and Aug. 9 and also got behind-the-scenes help from the state Republican Party, new reports show via The News Service of Florida.
The party provided nearly $19,000 in in-kind services to Renuart, including polling, consulting and campaign staff. Renuart also tapped into major statewide GOP donors during the period, such as Walt Disney Parks and Resorts and a Florida Chamber of Commerce political committee, the records show. Renuart is running in Tuesday’s primary in the newly drawn District 17 against St. Johns County Republicans Mike Davis and Kim Kendall.