- Sunshine Law violation charges dropped against Chris Dorworth’s girlfriend, Rebekah Hammond
- Ethics panel tosses complaints against Rick Scott, Charlie Crist
- U.S. Rep. Patrick Murphy introduces legislation to restore Indian River Lagoon
- Reggie Fullwood sues state over disqualification in HD 113 race
- Florida Restaurant Association endorses Rick Scott and Carlos Lopez-Cantera
- Email Insights: Three endorsements help Richard DeNapoli “fight the smears”
In HD 17, “Doc” Renuart receives fundraising boost from RPOF
Facing a tough primary race, state Rep. Ronald “Doc” Renuart, R-Ponte Vedra Beach, raised $28,300 in cash between July 21 and Aug. 9 and also got behind-the-scenes help from the state Republican Party, new reports show via The News Service of Florida.
The party provided nearly $19,000 in in-kind services to Renuart, including polling, consulting and campaign staff. Renuart also tapped into major statewide GOP donors during the period, such as Walt Disney Parks and Resorts and a Florida Chamber of Commerce political committee, the records show. Renuart is running in Tuesday’s primary in the newly drawn District 17 against St. Johns County Republicans Mike Davis and Kim Kendall.