- GE plant to bring 250 jobs to Clearwater and $50 million in capital investment
- Daniel Diaz Leyva hits $200,000 raised mark in House District 112 race
- Ted Yoho is “biggest threat to GOP” in midterms, columnist says
- Times editorial: Rick Scott must stop misleading voters about rail
- First bills filed for 2015 legislative session
- Arthenia Joyner endorses Sean Shaw in HD 61
In HD 67, Rep. Ed Hooper has big cash haul
Rep. Ed Hooper, R-Clearwater, collected $46,410 in contributions between July 21 and Aug. 9, giving him an overall total of $155,240, according to newly filed reports via the News Service of Florida. Hooper, who is running in House District 67, faces Largo Republican Christopher Shepard in Tuesday’s primary, with the winner going against Clearwater Democrat Ben Farrell in November. Updated reports for Shepard and Farrell were not immediately available Friday morning, but neither had raised much money before July 21.